NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
DATE OF LAST REVISION: September 23rd, 2013
This summary of our privacy practices is a condensed version of our Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP). For the complete text of the NPP, please click here.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We understand that your medical information is personal to you, and we are committed to the security of your records. As our patient, we create medical records detailing the status of your health and the care and services we provide to you. By law, we are responsible for ensuring that your Protected Health Information remains confidential.
Under certain circumstances we are legally allowed to share your information with outside parties or agencies. Here are a few examples (for more detail please refer to the complete Notice of Privacy Practices:
- The right to inspect and copy PHI
- The right to amend PHI
- The right to an accounting of disclosures
- The right to opt out of external marketing and fund raising.The right to revoke previous authorizations
- The right to request restrictions of PHI
- The right to a paper or electronic copy of this notice
- The right to request confidentialcommunications
- The right to prohibit sale of PHIRequest that we DO NOT disclose ‘out of pocket’ information to a health care plan (unless we are required to do so by law).
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the Practice or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with the Practice, contact our Practice Administrator. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
You have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. These rights include:
For more information about these rights, please see the detailed Notice of Privacy Practices.
SCHEDULE YOUR NEXT EXAM TODAY!
Let our team of highly trained doctors find the right treatment to suit your needs. Simply fill out our form to schedule your next eye exam consultation.